600 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 208
Towson, MD 21204-4084
(410) 296-2550

 Home Firm Description
Firm Resume
Auctions & Sales
Contact Us
Payoff Figures
Title Department
Title Order Form
Anonymous Report


If you would like to propose an alternative to foreclosure, please contact our office at 410-296-2550. You will need to provide the following information:
  • Your name and current mailing address
  • The name of the Bank or Lender
  • Loan number
  • Property address
  • For Fannie Mae loans, completed Borrowers Financial Statement form, please fax to 410-296-2558.

We will submit your proposal to our client. Either our client's Loss Mitigation Department or a representative from our firm will contact you following the receipt and review of your proposal. It may take several weeks for you to receive a reply to your proposal. Unfortunately we cannot email any replies.

This communication is settlement negotiations and may not be introduced in any court proceeding. We are unable to forbear prosecution of any foreclosure proceedings until an acceptable approved resolution is achieved. We cannot guarantee that any of the below stated alternatives will be approved and/or effectuated.

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information provided will be used for that purpose.

Please note, before a proposed alternative to foreclosure can be accepted, there can be no subsequent liens to the mortgage.

Our client will require a written proposal accompanied by the following documentation:

  • Current signed financial statement
  • Current wage information ("pay stubs")
  • Two (2) years of most current tax returns
  • For a Short Sale only: Copy of the sales contract

Please mail your proposal and documentation to:
Cohn, Goldberg & Deutsch, LLC
Attention: Loss Mitigation
600 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 208
Towson, MD 21204-4084

Alternatives to Foreclosure

Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure

A Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure is an option if you do not qualify for any of the other alternatives and you do not have additional liens against your property. To avoid foreclosure you may be able to deed the property directly to the lender.

Forbearance Agreement

If you are unable to make a loan payment on your loan, you may qualify for a Forbearance Agreement. This is a formal repayment plan which if approved by our client will stay any pending foreclosure while payments are being made.

Repayment Plan

If your loan is past due for one, two, or three payments because of a temporary financial setback, you may qualify for a Repayment Plan. You must be able to make the monthly loan payment and pay an additional amount towards the past due amount each month until the loan is brought current.

Loan Modification Agreement

If you are unable to pay your past due loan payments, but you can meet your monthly obligations, our client may be able to make a Loan Modification by adding the delinquent escrow payments to your loan balance to bring your loan current. Your current mortgage interest rate must be within market guidelines. If you have any additional liens against your property, the lien holders must be willing to subordinate their interest to the new loan amount.

Short Sale

If you wish to sell your property, but the net proceeds from the sale is not enough to pay off your loan and you cannot afford to pay the shortage; the investor may allow you to sell your property without paying the entire amount due.